Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Projects


For my first blog I thought I'd post a few of the projects I've been busy with the last couple of weeks.
Since moving to Mississippi I've found that I have a lot more time on my hands! My neighbor has been inspiring me with her paper crafting skills.
Project 1:
Take a soup can or something similar and use a safety can opener to cut off the top. Having the pop top is very important here so make sure the can has one! Then you cover it, embellish it and cover the top. Trimming the paper on the top can be a little tricky. Add ribbons and stamps. To finish it off you fill it with candy and then use a glue like Crystal Effects to seal the top!

Here is a tutorial I found:




Project 2:

My second Valentine's Day project is one that I'm having trouble finding a use for. Its just too cute and I hate to use it!


For this project I created a box out of cardstock and then added 3 little matching cards. I actually did use one card in a gift so my picture only has 2 cards with it.
The little cards are stamped and scalloped.
Its quite a cute little package!
Here is a box template:






























1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie! You have made some real cute projects! I made a few cards, and a kindergarten valentine box with Conner. I've been following Ali Edward's blog and plan to start using more digital elements. I love her hybrid style. I used some of her valentine downloads that were really cute circle punches. I also got Photoshop Elements for my birthday, but I'm still trying to learn!

    ReplyDelete